Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Annie & Carmie

As we quickly approach our kidding season on the farm it brings back fond memories of first babies born on our farm.

*  *  *  *

It was a cold, crisp morning as my father and I walked out to the barn to start our daily routine of feeding the animals. We noticed that one of our does, Bella, had seperated herself from the herd and was in the early stages of labor.

*   *   *   *

The excitment and anticipation was growing rapidly as we ran to the house to tell the news to my mother and sister. We grabbed our supplies and made a dash back to the barn. As we entered we noticed that she had already had her first baby in the short time that we were gone.
As my sister, mother, and I cleaned up the baby my father delivered the second. We had two beautiful twins, both girls.

*  *  *  *


The best Mother's Day present  

1 comment: